So that will have to wait.
have I told you yet I have a new job?!?!?!?!?!? :D :D :D :D :D I cannot truly express to you my excitement over this job. Ridiculously happy, perhaps, but really, wouldn't you be happy as well chatting with people and getting to 'play' with pretty clothes? That's right, I am now a new employee of one of my favorite shops, The Loft [little sister to Ann Taylor].
So, you should all come visit me, end of story. ;) [unless you are a guy, because we don't sell mens clothing... unless you want to buy for your mom, sister, etc. Then you are more than welcome :) ]
Actually, what already cracks me up is watching the husbands come in with the wives. There are three types of husbands that I have seen so far: The type that follow the wife like a little lost puppy, furtively looking over their shoulder to make sure the door isn't too far away; the husband who is brave enough to branch out into the store, looking for clothes he would like his wife to try on [personal favorirte]; and then there are the door-huggers. Like tree- huggers, they love the feeling of freedom and the outdoors. Or they are scared of women's clothing. Either or. But they are pretty fun to watch. They step in the door, walk around with their wife uncomfortably for a few minutes, then move to stand in solitude right beside the door going out into the open world. Oh, they might move when another customer comes in, or someone goes out, but they rarely leave the comfort zone of about 10 feet in diameter. I understand this feeling, as it is probably how I am when I go into any video game store or men's shoewear.
I thought I'd include my list-of-things-I-really-need-to-accomplish-ASAP to make myself feel responsible [now I've told you, I really must get to work]:
- get a helmet for rollerblades. when as unbalanced as me, this is a pretty important task.
- set a date for a family photoshoot. [super stoked about this, but my best lens is in VA, and I don't have any saturdays free for 2 weeks! ack...]
- clean up basement boxes. even though we moved about 7 years ago, I still have a mess of my own boxes that haven't really been dealt with yet. [sorry mom!]
- create a budget for the money I am now earning. This one won't be very difficult as I've been going over it in my mind to where I know what I really need to save up for, and how much I can splurge. ]
- Study for the Government CLEP. [big one- Im supposed to take it tomorrow, but unforeseen circumstances mean I have to put it off until next week.
- Study for American Lit, College Math. & English Lit CLEPS [all three must be taken by June 9th at the very very latest. goody.]
- prep for art show reception this Saturday!
Ok, I really am going to try to post some pictures soon, so hopefully it won't be too long!
Thanks for sticking with me!
Because He lives,