Day #07: A substitute foundation


Have you ever had a baby, who doesn't know how to walk but knows how to stand, hold on to you for balance? Suddenly you become quite aware of every muscle movement you make; suddenly that baby's hands become an object of fascination and ... strength. You realize your strength because you know that tiny person is depending and trusting on you not to let them fall or get hurt.
Today I played outside with M and B, where most of the time I couldn't move because M decided to test her balance on the stairs, holding on to my knees... I realized, this is what my Father does, but perfectly. Every time I stand, I am clinging to Him, and trusting Him to not let me fall. Here especially, I have been daily wonderstruck by the knowledge that my trust in Him is perfected by His never letting me go. No matter what I do. No difference how safe or dangerous my situation becomes. No care of time of day.

Today was an amazing moment.

[lyrics courtesy of Michael Buble's "Hold On"]

because He lives,
me.

1 comments:

Elizabeth Lindsay said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I love your pictures Mercy!!!!
~*~
Me

Elizabeth Lindsay said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I love your pictures Mercy!!!!
~*~
Me